Our research centres on using high precision mass spectrometry to address research questions in Earth, Planetary and Environmental Science. We also work with archaeologists to extract temporal constraints from the rock record for fossil- (or artefact)-bearing sediments. If you feel your project would benefit from collaboration with the CG2RG get in touch.
- Sample preparation, mineral separation and mineral picking
- Sample characterisation (scanning electron microscopy)
- U-(Th)-Pb geochronology by ID-TIMS
- U-(Th)-Pb geochronology by Laser Ablation (LA)-QICPMS (coming soon!)
- Radiogenic isotope analysis by dissolution/ion exchange chemistry (Sr, Nd, Pb, U)
- K-Ar geochronology
- Ar/Ar geochronology
- Ar isotope composition of materials
- Bayesian age-depth modelling
The Facilities tab above describes the analytical equipment housed by the CG2RG.